The “Mission” of the UNION is to develop a quality martial arts and sporting organisation committed to, and recognised for, promoting W.T. Style Taekwondo in New Zealand.
The Taekwondo Union (TUNZ) works towards:
- Building a quality learning environment for members by utilising up to date Taekwondo programmes, with competent instruction and sporting opportunities.
- Providing a safe and caring training environment for all members, which promotes a holistic approach to training, which includes the achievement of physical health, harmony of mind and body, self confidence and the ability to defend oneself.
- Providing ongoing quality management training programmes with an emphasis on the professional management of the UNION and its member clubs.
- Providing training programmes with a emphasis on the promotion of formal qualifications including, instructor and referee certificates, colour belt and black belt grades.
The purpose of the Taekwondo Union is to:
- Provide high quality services in training, sporting opportunities to all members of the Union
- Comply with the Human Rights Acts with regard to club membership, competitions and age requirements.
- Develop a sense of belonging for all members in supportive caring ways, be sensitive and responsive to the uniqueness of each persons needs and be responsive to a changing multi-cultural community.
The Taekwondo Union (TUNZ) is committed to:
- Equity – Providing significant learning, power sharing and success for those who have lacked such opportunities.
- Identity – Creating a environment where people feel they belong because their uniqueness is valued and promoted.
- Manaaki – Promoting and encouraging the sharing of views, learning and resources, where individual self esteem (mana) and group harmony result from caring about one another.
- Success – Being an effective organisation which leads in it’s field, demonstrating a clear sense of purpose and strives for excellence.
- Responsiveness – Being flexible, creative and open to change, to better meet individual, organisational and environmental needs.
All goals and polices developed by the UNION will be consistent with the constitution and mission statement of the UNION. They will ensure the opportunity for all members to attain their optimum level of achievement as equal partners in training.
The Goals and Policies of the Taekwondo Union (TUNZ):
- To provide a comprehensive range of high quality, accessible and appropriately recognised training and learning opportunities, which have been developed by consulting widely with relevant industry, occupational and other constituent groups.
- To provide a high quality learning environment, including high quality instructors, safety and a range of training and learning services.
- To actively promote equity in learning, training and competition opportunities.
- To be accountable for the efficient and effective use of resources allocated.
- To increase available resources.
- To increase the number of members by 10% per year for the next 5 years.
- To increase the number of clubs by 2 per year for the next 5 years.
- To regularly monitor organisational performance and set goals for the future.
- To provide accurate, relevant and up to date information about the UNION and up coming events.
- To promote the martial art and sport of Taekwondo to New Zealanders.
- To organise seminars and tournaments within New Zealand.
- To arrange for the participation of members in international Taekwondo competitions and events.